Forum OpenACS Development: Response to problems with bboard in 4.5

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
To get the tagged branch you have to say "-r oacs-4-5" ... I just installed the tagged postgres bboard a couple of days ago and I was able to post messages and attachments fine.

You're problem, though, is due to a bug fix to bboard made by Vinod.  The easiest way to fix this was to do something bboard should've been doing from day one - deriving its own bboard_message type from acs_message rather than use acs_message objects, so it can track its own objects reliably.

I haven't looked at what updating an existing installation would take.  If you don't have any other general messages in your system (no general comments, for instance) then in principle you can:

1. Add the new type (poach the code from bboard-create)

2. update the acs objects table changing the type of all acs_message objects to bboard_message

3. Add a row to bboard messages for each row in acs_messages tying them together with the message id.

This would probably work ...

This will be the last major change of this sort until after the 4.5 release, I think.  After beta we'll provide upgrade scripts if there are such changes.