Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: What is the recommended way to do this?

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Don,

Just trying to follow through your instructions but getting a tad confused.

I have cloned the openacs-default-theme and renamed all occurences of that name to myown-default-theme. Reading through your comments in apm-callback-procs.tcl just before the parameter::set_default directive your comments say:

"Don't do this if you're creating your own theme package! Override the default by creating a custom install.xml file to be run during the install process..."

I have searched the /packages directory for examples of install.xml files but there are only three which are inside the /docs directories (e.g. the one in the categories package) and they seem to contain readable documentation.

I can see that the idea is that an install.xml file would be parsed and references to procs in the install-procs.tcl file would be activated by it. However I am not clear where this install.xml file should be put or where the tcl procs it refers to should correctly go.

I am also not clear why I shouldn't just set the parameters in the after install callback tcl proc as per openacs-default-theme.

(I wonder if the reference to install.xml literally a file called install.xml, or is it intended to mean the package.info file which is in fact an xml file).

Sorry to have to ask.

Regards
Richard