Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to HELP I need sound allert on chat

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
I feel we have a major communication problem, maybe offlist, but still important.  Another newbie thought...

End users like myself will find creative ways around complicated programming issues. The main problem lies in translating what we (END USERS) like to see altered. My quest for a simple bell on the chat is living proof ( I THINK) . Is there anybody outthere that can dream up a format that would help us dummies using what you wizzkids have build to explain what we would like to see changed so it works for mankind, without going back to school?

My idea would be be to open up a ticket tracker module on the OACS site so we would be able to talk and follow up requests. If one of you professionals would comment on what is realistic or not that would help a great deal. I have tried to communicate via the Bboard but that does not seem to work. It might also be usefull to know who's working on what enhancement. That would save duplicate questions.

If the tickettracker would have a choice of people to connect to for specific problems  ( "assign to" in ticket tracker) that would at least make sure someone with insight would get a message ... can you check this out....

The next phase could be... I will pay ...$ to you... if you solve my problem. Wouldn't that be great?

Cheers

Ben