Forum OpenACS Q&A: Announce: Large File Upload Module Released!

I finally packaged up the work we did on large file uploads. I am really sorry it took so long but here it is:

This technology will allow you to upload up to 2GB files to your webserver and will show the user a nice status window as it happens. Its a custom module written in C and some tcl procs. https://openacs.org/new-file-storage/one-file.tcl?file_id=351

Enjoy,

Collapse
Posted by Kevin Rogers on
Carl-

In the /civ-upload/www/civupload/civupload.html file, you give the heirarchy of the tcl function calls. The top two funcitons are listed as:

civ_set_the_usual_form_variables  - This is the one you call at the top of the tcl file that expects to receive the massive upload. This calls civ_ns_getform
civ_ns_queryget

However, neither of these functions are present in the /civ-upload/tcl/civ-upload.tcl file.

Should I test this on my server by using civ_ns_getform{} instead of civ_set_the_usual_form_variables ?

thanks for putting this up!
You know, I didn't really look at the civupload.html file.

I would suggest looking at the reference implemntation which calls:

set file_name_list [civ_receive_single_file_with_status]

cheers,

Collapse
Posted by Kevin Rogers on
One more quick question Carl-

My server fails to laod the module, so I figured I needed to recompile it. Here's the error from my aol-error.log:

[28/Mar/2002:15:02:56][16225.1][-main-] Notice: modload: loading '/usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so'
[28/Mar/2002:15:02:56][16225.1][-main-] Warning: modload: failed to load '/usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so': 'ld.so.1: /usr/local/aol32/bin/nsd: elf error: /usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so: bad ELF type: 0x300'
[28/Mar/2002:15:02:56][16225.1][-main-] Fatal: modload: failed to load module '/usr/local/aol32/bin/civupload.so'

I changed the path in the civupload Makefile (NSHOME) to my correct path (/usr/local/aol32) and ran make.

I'm compiling/running on Sparc Solaris. I continually get the same error with my aolserver Makefile.global file:

make: Fatal error in reader: /usr/local/aol32/include/Makefile.global, line 69: Unexpected end of line seen

The thing is, it does not seem to be dependent on the line that is in the file (trailing spaces/non standard returns were the first thing i looked for). The make is failing on the last line of this snip from Makefile.global:

#
# HP/UX 11 -- gcc
#
# SMP is fully supported.
#
ifeq (HP-UXB.11.00, $(shell uname -s)$(shell uname -r))
    PLATFORM=hp11

However, it seems to fail on whatever line is following the first call to ifeq, as above. I even tried deleting all of the sections from Makefile.global which were checking for OS' other than Solaris, and still, the same error after the first call to ifeq

Is your Makefile dependent on any particular version of make (gmake, etc)?

Thanks!
I don't know, I never used Make and the guy that did is on vacation.  I did forward this email to him and he will be back in town on monday.

We were compiling it on Redhat on Intel.