Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Workflow Explanations

Collapse
Posted by defunct defunct on
Lars/Don,

Be happy to feedback/SDM and so forth and I'll do that as I step through workflow more methodically...

I would also be keen to understand what the overall intention is for workflow and also where you feel current deficiencies lie but...

In the first instance it would be useful for me to get the right perspective for the purposes of testing.

I can test things individually and do the 'this query errors' routine, but to know whether the package is performing properly I need to understand what this actually means.

The docs are OK but a little light on the details.

By way of example its not entirely clear (coupled with my 'thickness') what the intention of roles is and how they should be properly used. Suppose I want a workflow where items in an 'unassigned' place can be picked up by people with a certain role. Once someone has picked it up and started the first taks, other future tasks should be assigned automatically to the same person, until a decision point changes that. Looking at the docs/screens, it seems that this should be posisble without coding, but that seems to suggest a role for each individual assignee, which is not ideal. This may just be my misunderstanding of the package, but I guess you can see what I'm driving at.

Do you have, or can you give and more detail on how to acheive more specific things? I think the docs are lacking some concrete examples.

Also, yes I did install the graphing tool (slightly newer version) and thats working ok.

Cheers
Simon