Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Spam Module - Status

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Open Force is working on spam as part of dotLRN, because it's wholely inadequate for dotLRN's needs.  But I don't know if we'll dump the existing one entirely or not, it's too early to tell.

Spam did - in 3x - integrate with the user search page but apparently that hasn't carried over to 4x.  It would be easy enough to make it do so, though.

If you visit the user admin pages you may find that it does, actually - the integration in 3x was pretty lame.  The page returning user search query results (where you check off conditions or put in dates for "registered before", that kind of thing - an API so you don't have to write your own query) let you spam the found users.

This was done outside the spam package proper.

Then you took a hike over to the spam package to see if it was successfully sent out and all that.

I plan to spend time Saturday looking at as many OpenACS 4.5 beta issues that have been raised as I can, including this one, as well as inspecting and applying patches that have been accumulating (we have such cool people here, fixing things faster than I can apply the patches!)