Forum OpenACS Development: Response to anybody know the flow for how RP/templates works?

I have seen you guys talking about this, but I do not know what the template system db api is. I am just trying to refer to the data in the .adp file as @var_name.col_name@.

What you are saying is correct in that it has something to do with the levels (caller's vs. template) because I also cannot reference these variables in the .tcl file containing the db_multirow. I dug down into db_multirow and he definitely gets the data from the DB, but I am not sure how those weird upvar commands work inside db_multirow.

Very similar code to this works fine in one of my routines that is invoked directly (i.e. from a link). This code is executed as a result of a button (i.e. form). And I was able to check that all of the variables (in this case, set checkboxes) are coming in OK.

So I probably am not setting some param since I am being invoked as a form. Also I have no idea how the data gets from the db_multirow out to the @var@ reference.

Just got to keep digging...

Regards..