Forum OpenACS Q&A: Problem starting Aolserver

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
When starting Aolserver (4.0.10; on FreeBSD 5.4), it does not automaticallly return the prompt, but it only returns the prompt after I hit the return key. Aolserver starts just fine, btw.
What could be the reason? How to fix?

Obviously, this doesn’t sound too bad, but I suspect this is the same reason why the install.sh script doesn't work for me without daemontools.

I fixed the install script and made it work on FreeBSD, but when I set the use of daemontools to ‘false’, the script just stops after giving the Aolserver’s start command (same as when staring from the command prompt). However, the same start command in the ‘run’ script of daemontools gives me no problem.

A pointer or fix, anybody?

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on

Hi Aldert,

I use the install.sh script in the darwinports install and I had the same problem. I changed the start_server_command variable in install.tcl.

-set start_server_command "exec /usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsd-postgres -it $serverroot/etc/config.tcl -u $aolserver_user -g $aolserver_group"
+set start_server_command "${aolserver_home}/bin/nsd-postgres -t ${serverroot}/etc/config.tcl -u $aolserver_user -g $aolserver_group &"

It works now with daemontools set to false, but I haven't tested if it messes up the daemontools install.

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Thanks, I'll give it a try this evening.