Forum OpenACS Development: Re: IE bug and full screen display in xowiki using ?master=0

Ok, well that's just better than fantastic! I now have master template display conditional upon whether or not the user is logged-in, which is even better than I hoped for!

So if the site is viewed by 'the public' all they see is a full-screen website, but if a user with appropriate access is logged in, they see the full xowiki layout plus OpenACS header as usual.

To do this add:

<if @admin_link@ not nil>
  <master>
</if>
<else>
  <master src="/www/blank-master">
</else>

The same conditional can be applied to the @top_includelets@ and @footer@ variables if required.

I used the xowiki template parameter to set the default template to the new 'full-screen' template, as adding {{set-parameter template_file full-screen}} to the template was not effective. I also tried {{set-parameter full-screen 1}}. I imagine therefore that passing arbitrary parameters is not supported and would require custom code in the page rendering method.

One surprise I encountered was that when I removed the header info from my template and put [[my-css.css]] into the template section of the xowiki::Form, instead of adding the css file to the document header, a link to the css file was rendered on the unstyled page. Not sure what I've done wrong there but as a workaround I added the css file to the xowiki instance package parameters.

Regards
Richard

Solved the issue with the included css file. The documentation suggests that included css files should be referenced like this:

[[my-css.css]]

To get mine to work I had to do:

[[css:my-css.css]]

...which I think has to do with the fact that I had already uploaded the css files rather than waiting for xowiki to [prompt me] for them.

R.

No, I have double checked by deleting and re-loading the css file. The reference on my system has to be [[css:filname.css]]

Still not sure why I can't set the template using {{set-parameter template_file full-screen}} though.

R.

Is it ok if I update the xowiki docs to reflect this?

R.