Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to A general-ratings package for OACS

Collapse
Posted by Dean Des Rosiers on
Rocael,  your system sounds like it implements a few ideas I had for the OACS implementation.  I think it would be great to work together.

General-ratings is a great place to start adding KMS functionality to the OACS.  I suggest we all focus on that and widen the scope later.

Unfortunately, I don't read enough Spanish to make much sense of Lectario.  It looks like a great site, though.  Congratulations on it!

Another good interface for ratings (and I expect our system to allow any interface the imagination can create) can be found on Netflix.com.  They have a five star rating as well.  What is interesting is that they use hot gifs.  The gifs at first indicate in red the current sitewide rating of the movie.  After you click, it indicates your personal rating in orange.  From then on, when youy look a that movie's entry you see your rating (in orange).  One neat thing is that you can rate many items on one page without any apparent round trip to the server.  They must use a hidden frame or applet.