Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Groups UI Issues

Collapse
Posted by Roger Williams on
Opacity in my mind implies fogged up or cloudy. So when I use a piece of software that has many behind-the-scenes (hence the term magic) behaviors that are not exposed in the UI, it seems opaque.

In any event, I have increased my knowledge about this and made some minor changes. I just sent a note to DonB about going thru this area with a wide plow, amd posting the design docs on this board similar to some other stuff I published last week.

My earlier beefs are listed in the hurt sheet above. Now I have: more beefs, more internal knowledge and (finally!) some ideas as to how to clean this stuff up. My background tells me that you start from the things it does wrong and what the user requirements are.

I would be happy to start a thread about this (obviously I started this one). Let me know how/if you want to proceed, since this stuff has bubbled close(r) to the top of my annoyances list.

Regards..

One caveat: I have not been able to move over to OACS 4.5 yet. My project is still based on ACSTcl 4.2b. DonB and others perceive that the problems that I am talking about have not been fixed in OACS yet. But I am doing my testing/fixes in a slightly different environment.