Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Lots of tcl_url2file request processor errors in log file

(Please pardon the old thread revival.)

I'm dealing with some nasty performance tonight. I tried switching on performance mode and got a pile of error messages. Nice to hear that some are just cache misses, but I also have a collection of these:

[11/Sep/2005:19:08:39][17774.114696][-conn4-] Notice: RP (2950.736 ms): error in rp_handler: can't read "tcl_url2file(/dotlrn/)": no such variable

dotlrn definitely exists, resolves fine _mostly_. Likewise with a bunch of custom code, ie:

[11/Sep/2005:19:08:38][17774.180236][-conn8-] Notice: RP (1895.061 ms): error in rp_handler: can't read "tcl_url2file(/dotlrn/classes/vtchemistry/generalchemistry/drsariskyschemistry1035/chem-assess/question-feedback)": no such variable

Any suggestion for where to look for this? I'd -really- like to switch over to performance mode - I need all the help I can get on this server's load!

Thanks!

Incidentally, to get rid of this message, you can either go into the request processor where it does the performance mode check and comment out the log command, or shut off the RP debug logging.