Forum OpenACS Q&A: Testing Main site Parameter registration requires email varification

I am using the Acs version 4.2 tcl.

I would like the system to verify email, and to Redirect them with a correct link to confirm their registration.

Sypmtom:
System approves and checks "valid emails", by forcing the user to click link inside their email message.
The link then ruotes them back to proper screen to allow them to become members of the system.

Details:
Testing Mainsite Parameters.
Parameter Name:
RegistrationRequiresEmailVerificationP
Descrption:
set this to 1 if the user has to receive an email and come back to the site. ( I set this to 1 )
Section:
user-login

Test results:
In my email message i get the following:
Subject: Welcome to (the sytem name)
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 21:32:05 GMT
To confirm your registration, please go to
/register/email-confirm.tcl?row%5fid=AAAGDKAAIAAAAFXAAk

Problem:
When user clicks the email link to confirm process to become a member,the system complains.
We had a problem processing your entry: You must supply a value for row_id

I went back and checked in /acs-admin/users and found The system does give a user id to the newly register person.

I then tried the following combination.
adding the newly created user id into the address browser with the return url.

I think this may require looking at these files and making them work with the newly created user id?
# /packages/acs-subsite/www/register/
email-confirm.adp email-confirm.tcl
I <i>think</i>, but am not 100% certain, that his work in the latest OpenACS 4.5 branch sources.  I plan to make a final release about May 15th and you may just want to pick it up and try it then.
Collapse
Posted by Armando Arroyo on
Don, thanks for responding

I was wondering who are you referencing as the person "his" work in the latest OpenACS 4.5 branch sources.

Some general questions I have:
  • Has any one seen this error before?
  • Has any one tested this Parameter Name: RegistrationRequiresEmailVerificationP
  • Has any one tested this function before?
In fact, I saw this error on ACS4.2, but never try to fix it. I did use the send password by email before user could enter the site. I had to modify some pages because he should be logged out to be forced to log in back when receiving the password. I could find what I did if someone request it.

Just a guess on my part but I would try to remove the URLENCODING and change

/email-confirm.tcl?row%5fid=AAAGDKAAIAAAAFXAAk
TO
/email-confirm.tcl?row_id=AAAGDKAAIAAAAFXAAk

-Bob

The "his work" was meant to be "this works".  In other words IIRC there was a patch submitted for this some time ago that I've applied to CVS, though it was after beta.