Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Form builder

Collapse
2: Response to Form builder (response to 1)
Posted by Don Baccus on
Actually the form builder's been templatable all along. You can supply a "style" argument to the formtemplate tag. If you want to see the template that builds the standard ugly (IMO) "blue pad" style form check out acs-templating/resources/forms/standard.adp.

I hadn't realized how few people raalized that forms are templatable (awkwardly in that it wants your form template to be in that directory). Because of that I've been trying to get the word out.

You can also build a form directly using forwidget and related tags within your formtemplate tag. This gives full control over the page.

But writing a template of your liking and using it consistently with the "style" param to formtemplate when possible is probably best.

What I have been working on is an "ad_form" proc in the style of "ad_page_contract". A preliminary version is working, I've actually used it on a page I wrote a few days ago for a client project. I plan to put this initial version into the development branch of CVS over the weekend, and will make an example available. This first check-in will be short on documentation and also short on functionality (compared to my eventual goals) but should be immediately useful to folks.

I'll also add a couple of alternative templates to the resources directory, and if I have time fix a couple of the ones that are already there but broken.