Forum OpenACS Development: Re: HTMLArea - Current Issues and Future Development

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Well, thank you for that - I have to confess that that tiny detail passed me by! :-|

Of course, that aynhtml is IE only absolutely rules it out. What a shame, nice beautifully constructed html with CSS.

Yes I did look at Kupu, but the demo looked a bit quirky and seemed a bit 'heavy' in that it had a load of unsightly dropdown boxes on the RHS. The UI appeared over-complicated on first sight. I thought that it was probably one of the big, slow, feature-swamped beasts.

Now, after your comments, having had a second look I see that this is part of its document object model design and that it need not be made to look like the demo looks.

Originally, my tests also produced lots of deprecated html which put me off. It looked like another 'me-too' rather than a serious possibility.

But now I also see in the documentation that it claims to use CSS in preference to html for layout - maybe the current code base is ahead of the demo. Because of this 'object model' design Kupu does have the potential to be uniquely interesting.

It seems that I was too hasty! Perhaps on the strength of that I should retract my first choice and replace it with something I ruled out of my first pass!! 😉