Forum OpenACS Q&A: Need Help for using HTMLDOC to output pdf file/download pdf file in OACS4.5

Hi. All.

I have used htmldoc to create pdf file in OACS3.X and I can download it from browser.

Now I installed OACS4.5 beta and have everything worked. When I try to create the same function for creating and downloading pdf file, I can't make it work.

If I upload a pdf file in File Storage Root Folder, in OACS3.x, it doesn't require a download folder, but in OACS4.5, a download folder exists. And there is a index.vuh file, which handles virtual url handler. And in the file storage package of 4.5, I can't download a pdf file after I upload it. There is a blank screen for the page http://domainname.com/file-storage/download/index?version_id=3876

I don't know what's the new rule for creating virtual url handler.

The code I use for creating and downloading pdf file is the same as the pdf_downloader proc above-mentioned. And I see the html file and pdf file in the tmp after I click on the virtual url. But it can't be downloaded from that virtual url. Is it a permission problem or configuration problem?

BTW, I put
ns_param  ".pdf"          "application/pdf"
in ns_section "ns/mimetypes".

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,