Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Mockup of my ideal bboard + FAQ + documentation

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
<blockquote><i>It also features a sort of "promotion" feature, where important articles can be promoted to "documentation" status, or highlighted status. This is where I would put the documentation, and any other HOWTO articles that are relevant. </i></blockquote>
I would classify this as a KM thing, not something that should be private to any kind of content package.
<p>For instance, the general ratings package, when complete, would provide one mechanism for promotion.  A general polling/voting type package might be another mechanism.  Such general service, attachable to any object, provide ways to promote useful Q&A threads to prominent status.  And with special hooks for content editor/admin types, content deemed of special interest by them could be promoted as well.
<p>I'd much rather see a general attack on the problem rather than package-specific approaches.  After all the "most valuable information  on running AOLserver under Win32" might include forum threads, documents in file storage, and a wimpy point presentation.