Forum OpenACS Development: Same versions in file storage

If I look at the version of a file uploaded I see all the time the last version insted the previous ones
Collapse
Posted by Giampiero Granatella on
I still have this problem.
I see the same version in the file storage.
Has someone this problem?
Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
One of my subsite admins reported the same problem. Haven't seen it myself however. (OACS 5.15 last stable edition)
Collapse
Posted by Giampiero Granatella on
The problem happens only if you store the data in the file system. If you use the storage in the DB it doesn't happen.

Ciao
Giampiero

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Thanks for the hint, however, the parameter section gives this warning. ...

Flag to determine the storage type. A flag of 1 (true) will store the files in the database. If 0 (false) files are stored in the filesystem. ***This parameter should only be changed at package instance creation.***

The big question is... How do I change from 0 to true in a full file system? Will that crash the fileshare module?

Thanks

Collapse
Posted by Jason Cheung on
Hi all,

I am having the same problem. If for instance I wanted to keep the files stored in the filesystem, would this be possible?

Thanks

Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Jason and others,

We have an OpenACS install running 5-1-5 with file-storage package version 5.1.5d3. Files are stored in the filesystem not in DB. File versioning works fine for us just changing original file in /package/file-storage/www/view/index.vuh with the same file from HEAD.

Could you please try if it will work for you? Just download index.vuh from here

http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/*checkout*/openacs-4/packages/file-storage/www/view/index.vuh?rev=1.2

and copy this file as your file-storage/www/view/index.vuh working file.

Please, let me know if it worked for you. Thank you.