Forum .LRN Q&A: Application-track package in CVS

Collapse
Posted by Pablo Muñoz on
Hi all,

As part of Telefónica I+D’s work within the E-Lane Project we have developed an application-track tool for dotLRN.
This new package is intended to allow .LRN users (specially administrators) access to usage statistics of installed applications within a certain .LRN instance.

These statistics must show the usage of one or several applications or packages within one or several communities, departments and/or terms.

Application-track tool is made up of three packages: application-track, application-track-portlet and dotlrn-application-track.
It has been developed for PostgreSQL and all packages are i18n.

In this file, you can read a summary about what the tool can do:

http://e-lane.org/public/view/docs/APPLICATION-TRACK.pdf

As you can read in this file callbacks are used to implement some functionalities of the package. Nowadays, the 3 callbacks of each application for the implemented packages (you can check in the document) are distributed in this package (file -> application-track-callback-implementation-procs), but the idea is that they would be included in their corresponding packages, not all of them neccesary in the same file.

Application-track is available in the CVS, in HEAD and oacs-5-2 branches.

We are willing to improve the tool so, feedback is more than welcome.

Greetings, Pablo.

Collapse
Posted by Dario Roig on
Congratulations Pablo!

We are interesting in install the package in branch oacs-5-1, is possible?

Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by David Ortega on
Hi Dario,

Application-Track is currently using callbacks and I think they are not available in oacs5-1 branckh.

Regards,

David

Collapse
Posted by David Ortega on
By the way, we have just included every implementation callback in their corresponding package.

Of course, they can be updated to improve their performance or to increase the amount of information they gives to the application-track.

Regards

Collapse
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
you can put callbacks into your oacs-5-1 installation easily, grabbing the proper code from:

http://cvs.openacs.org/cvs/openacs-4/packages/acs-tcl/tcl/callback-procs.tcl?rev=1.1&view=auto