Forum OpenACS Q&A: Successful Debian install
Anyway, I have installed on the working machine a few times by now, both on kernel 2.2.20 and on 2.4.18. No problems whatsoever...
There's no need to export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5. Also, the default value for SHMMAX, 32Mb, worked but is probably not enough for a production worthy database.
Here's my miniature Oracle 8.1.7 on Debian Woody guide (based on Tapiwa's RH version):
- install stock Debian Woody
- If you're re-installing Oracle: cd /etc, rm oraInst.loc, mv oratab oratab.old, cd /usr/local/bin, rm dbhome oraenv coraenv
- Follow install instructions in the docs
- Download and edit the root.sh, changing the ORACLE_HOME twice, from /oracle/u01... to /ora8/m01 and correct the path to awk and sed (the root.sh that comes with 8i does not work at all)
- When you run this script, make sure you su from user oracle and not su -
- After installation, and before you run "dbassist" (before Net8 config is OK too), install the glibc patch as user oracle.