Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Looking for a web photo solution, for mom....

Collapse
Posted by Jerry Asher on
Jeff, Peter,

Please let me know how I can help.  I'd prefer not to have my photos stored in 20 different formats in 40 different places subject to 4 different business plans and vc financing. I'd prefer to have them on my own server, in one well known location and have software that managed the differently requested formats (maybe on the fly.)

Regarding voice annotations, the Fuji camera I have just creates a .wav (it's a very Windows oriented camera) with the same name as the .jpgs.  Movies are .avis.  The basic settings of the Fuji drivers just offload all the photos from the camera into the same directory.  I will be happy to send you some files if you wish.  The real question is if there is any standard or if all the camera manufacturers are just coming up with their own.  Are their AVI players for the Mac or for Linux?  If not it would be nice to have a utility in the workflow that could convert from AVI to MPEG.

I know that it's dangerous to start talking about other desired features, that's a forum discussion that comes up every few months....