Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to What should be included in OACS 4.6

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
This only awaits our having the download package available so that we can maintain a reasonably decent repository of packages, which requires our having the basic OpenACS 4-based openacs.org site up and running.  Supposedly a new round of folks are fired up to make this happen, or were when I left to help launch the Greenpeace site ... is this still true?  Are we going to get movement on the OpenACS 4-based openacs.org issue?

I don't want to try to maintain separate downloads on the current site because we don't have an adequate tool to organize them.  Once we get the new site up we can easily unsynchronize releases of the core set of packages and everything else.  Then we can better distribute the management load of maintaining and releasing non-core packages, which would certainly make my life easier.  The lock-step approach we've been taking, forcing everything to release at once, is a PITA.  I think 4.6 will all come in one big lump but I want it to be the last release of this sort.