Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to What should be included in OACS 4.6

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Stephen,

Although this are not well though of this are just examples.  As I have stated above lets take for example cr_revisions.

Currently for each cr_items we put it in the acs_objects because its suppose to inherit it.  Of course a cr_item can't survive so you have to have a cr_revision for it.  This cr_revision is again registered to acs_objects because of this so called inheritance.  Why not just relate the tables.  a cr_revision is related to cr_item which in turn is related to acs_objects.  That should reduce acs_objects to real objects that needs to be related.

As for moving PL/SQL to Tcl.  Malte has pointed out because of scalability.  I have never though of this see by older posts above Malte's post wherein I said "I have no opinion about this".  After Malte's post I had an opinion same to him, because his opinion makes sense to me.  Maybe an example is looking for the title of a content item.  See etp__get_title PLSQL.  Its simple enough with only 1 to 2 queries but lots of if and thens.  Now it would not be bad to move those in Tcl.

Again the examples above is not well though of.  They just serve some possible concrete examples.