Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Anyone interested in cheap oACS hosting? Might be rolling my own...

Hi Cathy,

We are hopefull that several things will happen this summer.
1. Several grants will be submitted for hosting/colo, programming, hardware, and the development of webbased, training boot camps combining A+, linux, and openacs.
2. That I successfully align the learn & earn computer refurbishing curriculum with the A+ standardized program and have it sequentially presented, mostly if not all in html and pdf formats. My test ground is the M-Th, 3-7 computer refurbishing project with youth at Operation YES in Boyle Heights that I started doing 1 July, this week.
3. That I spend 10-15 hours/week promoting Dr. Randal Pinkett's oacs - C3 - $10k/year turnkey hosting situation that is being used in low to moderate community housing neighborhoods.
4. Spend 10-15 hours/week learning to install, configure, and customize linux in conjunction with the caltek.net plan for using the oacs (aolserver, postgresql, and tcl.)
5. That by the end of summer that we can invite the ctcnets in California and other affiliate groups to test and demo our own oacs community site.

So, after looking through the information, I found on you, I think it would be appropriate to dialog further about what each of us are upto and how we might find, some things, in common, that could benefit our communities, if we were to collaborate, in specific ways.

When I sent this message, yesterday I noticed that there are close to 100 people that are alerted to this posting. Is it appropriate for us to have this conversation, here in public or should we take it offline? Actually, there might not be much more to it (this conversation), if you do not think we have something more to talk about.

I'm sure you will let me know....thanks.