Forum OpenACS Development: Re: XoWiki

Collapse
31: Re: XoWiki (response to 1)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Ivan, actually, xotcl-core uses categoriesin its form support, and xowiki requests it. similarly, filestore is used only in the dialog boxes of richtext. These are rather weak dependencies (rather uses). however, crashing if the packages are not there is not a good idea either, so i added these dependencies.

Just now, i have added on the usual place http://media.wu-wien.ac.at/download/xowiki-doc/index.html a new version of xowiki. It has two major changes: Page templates and it uses the new form system from xotcl-core.

As my toenails were always curling up when i tried to implement various similar ad_forms for various kinds of wiki pages, i gave up and wrote some better infrastructure where one can subclass forms (still based on ad_form). i do not like the communitcation btwn. tcl and adp via upvars and ad_levels etc. This should be objects with adp-markup as facades, but this is another story.

The new xowiki uses this new infrastrucure, so some new bugs are not unlinkely. i have as well changed the way how "extra" attributes are handled (using now cr_atrributes). These changes were necessary for implementing page templates and page instances.

A page template is a wiki page, containing "undefined" template variables and is similar to a slide master in presentation graphics. when a page instance is created, one can choose an according page template from a drop down list and provide values for the missing information. The according form is generated on the fly. In the current version, the filled in values are uninterpreted text. See the new section in the documentation for some screen shots and more details.