Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to How would you learn OpenACS

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on

Alright guys... I felt the itch... also I miss tcl with all this java. Fired up OACS again... edited packages/acs-core-docs/www/index.adp. Now /doc will show the docs of Uninstalled Packages. The file is now at SDM. Sorry guys I still don't know how to make a patch.

Anybody can point me how to make patch for OACS? Is there a standard? Atleast now I use the SDM but maybe it would be better if I can use it properly.

The work is quick and dirty. But it gets the job done, since the spec file are read from the file system it affects the page load. One small step to make it easier of newbies on OACS.

While also doing it made me realize that we need to standardize on .tcl and .adp pair. I stole that code from acs-admin/www/apm/packages-install.tcl which was all tcl and I edited acs-core-docs/www/index.adp which was all adp. Gosh we really need to clean up aDs code. Is someone taking notes of the little things that we REALLY REALLY need to do in 4.6? I propose a small task. Make it a standard to use .tcl and .adp on all www/ files.