Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to New forums - someone summarize status please

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
the flurry of doc related posts over the past day is beginning to eat into my billable-time schedule
You and me both - that's why I posted this plea for a summary!

OK, sounds like "OpenACS Evangelism" with Malte is in (I have no problem with this name, do others?)

"admin" and "new users" with Torben in charge seems in

Ben Koot ... will just help out by trying to answer questions etc? Or does Ben want to play a moderating role, too? (in all honesty I can't remember having ever "moderating", as in "deleting or editing", a post here though I'm sure the time will come when we'll get trolled by outsiders).

There's another idea afoot - fold the OpenACS 4 design and test forums into the general OpenACS forum since most such questions are landing there anyway and OpenACS 4 talk now heavily outnumbers OpenACS 3 talk. This would happen as part of our migration to the 4.x-based OpenACS.org site. (the new bboards mentioned above won't have to wait, of course!)

Any more thoughts?

Malte and Torben ... if you guys put together the forum descriptions and formal names I'll put out another post (new thread) listing the specific proposals. Unless there's significant opposition after that's done, I'll make the forums.

How does this sound as far as process goes?

If you agree, just e-mail me when you have the descriptions and formal name proposals ready (we're talking a paragraph or two at most).