Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Community Bid: RPM's for RedHat

Collapse
Posted by Roberto Mello on
Well, I've made AOLserver RPMs recently, in the process of improving the AOLserver Debian packages. I guess I forgot to announce them here since they're not 100% ready yet (but almost there). I did announc them on the #openacs IRC channel though 😊

I made Debian packages for AOLserver 3.3ad13 with Tcl 8.3.2 (regular) and 8.4, (which is segfaulting right now).

I also made packages for aolserver-postgres (updated, improved docs), aolserver-xml, aolserver-openssl, aolserver-docs and aolserver-dev. I will be making OpenACS Debian packages shortly.

I then converted my Debian packages to RPM using the "alien" Debian tool, and they turned out quite well. There are two dependency issues that I need to solve with the -postgres and -openssl RPMs.

The AOLserver Debian package asks a couple questions and then gives you  nicely started AOLserver on th port you chose. This thanks to the aolsrvconfig script that Brent Fulgham (original AOLserver Debian packager) converted from Apache's apacheconfig debian package script.

I'd appreciate testers for both these sets of packages (Debian, RPM). They are available (through apt-get for Debian) at 'deb http://www.brasileiro.net/roberto/debian as33/' and as33tcl84/. The RPMs are in the same directories (/roberto/debian/as33).

bduell on IRC requested the .src.rpm's. I'll put them there too.