Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Community Bid: Support for localized .adp's

Hi Jun,

the idea with the deadline was bad. Agreed. Reasoning was just that universities could adopt dotLRN for their courses and have their students translate some pages, therefore getting localized versions as an immediate benefit. But as I said, bad idea.

A quick note on the company thing you mentioned. The system is in no way intended to get work done we need as a company. It is intended to reflect our willingness to put ressources into something we believe is valueable for the community, but we don't have the time and development power to do it on our own. If it were crucial to our success as a company we'd either be paid for it by a client or try to hire someone full time / full rate to do it.

But maybe we should have started with "I would like to see this in the toolkit, let's discuss how this can be done and once we have a solution, let's bid for it {or wait till someone does it and donate money to him afterwards}". Open for any suggestions, even "forget about it / let it rest / won't work". I've never done this before or seen something like this done, so it is a first time experience.