Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Community Bid: Support for localized .adp's

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Yeah, Tom ...

I appreciate your willingness to put a little cash on the table to move things along, Malte.

I think the Greenpeace implementation can serve as the basis for a design.  I just want to expose it to the normal community participation process and get consensus before anyone asks for the code and takes off running.

So ... it's important for me to get my rough draft document describing our approach out in the open.  Feel free to bug me.  This thread makes it clear that we need to start moving.

Now ... if we get some sort of consensus that the GP work is a reasonable base and I get the relevant pieces of the GP source bundled up (so no one needs to wade through the whole thing looking for them), then I think your offering a small reward for implementation would be a great thing.

And I'd be glad to assist someone in the sense of answering questions etc with them taking home the prize fund.  It would be a help to me to see someone else pick up integrating/rewriting this stuff into the core (again, assuming that we get consensus over the approach).

One issue ... it's not efficient to have a half-dozen folks chasing after a reward (large or small) when only one version of the work's going to be accepted.  Is there some way to put together a fair process so we don't have folks duplicating effort yet give everyone a fair chance to participate in paid work of this sort?  Keeping the amounts modest helps in that not everyone will fall over themselves to do a week or so of work for $400 ...