Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to New Ecommerce and Payflow Link

Collapse
Posted by Hamilton Chua on
OpenSSL is free, though ...

Hi Don,

Sorry, about that I really meant the site certificate when I wrote SSL back there.

If clients are asking for this as their preferred solution, you may counsel that it takes the wrong approach.

Hi Sanjeev,

I am very inclined to agree. The payment gateway for the ecommerce module works beautifully the way it is. However, I beleive it boils down to "security vs. cost vs. customer convenience". Sometimes trying to strike a balance between the three can be a nightmare for us developers. Nevertheless, experience tells me that this is what forces us to push the envelope a little further. Who knows, maybe after all this discussion, we may come up with a good way to integrate payflowlink as an alternative payment gateway for the ecommerce module without sacrificing customer convenience.

.... can you describe how you would modify the service contract for Option 1?

Hi Janine,

After consulting with colleagues in the office and after I finished reading the payflow link user guide in detail. I have realized that a service contract for PayflowLink is overkill. At this point I am studying the code for the checkout process in the ecommerce module, I believe the key to getting payflowlink to work with ecommerce is there. I can send you the user guide in pdf via email if you'd like to take a look, I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion after reading it. I will also be honored to send you and Bart the additions/modifications I make.

Hi Jun,

I believe I may already have the answer. Will discuss it with you tomorrow.

Best Regards,