Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Reuse in the large is an unsolved problem !?

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
That's a good one, but the solution is even better i feel...

"I think some day it would be nice to have colleges have programs, very strong programs, in this sort of user interface but with a very humanist attitude point of view, and start playing around with new approaches. Some year, some decade, it might just come into the popular conscious to start making things more beautiful for people."

Maybe one of the first things we have to to in our effort to revamp oacs.org design & presentation, is close the existing bugs. Many still refer to old releases, or relate to problems on individual installations.

Chances are users have found work arounds, moved on and left OACS for what it is, or have upgraded to the latest release where the reported bugs have been closed.

Maybe an idea to appoint a human editor, I mean, someone that keeps track of reported problems, and coordinates if issues are solved or not. I have noted sometimes newbies report problems on the bboard as well that remain unanswered. I feel we need to coordinate these kind of issues better.

Just a thought.

Ben