Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: tsearch2

Collapse
3: Re: tsearch2 (response to 1)
Posted by Roger Lockerbie on
Thanks for the URL

The standard link in Administrators guide/Setting up the software/ Full text search -> OpenFTS (On my fresh 5.2 install).

Regarding referring to something like forums, Having a look at available packages with APM shows that forums are not even available under 5.2

Do I just connect to 5.1.5 repository and grab that, or is there a 5.2 version under CVS

Sorry for the newb questions but this is the first site upgrade since ACS v4 (yes ACS not OACS), so I am somewhat out of touch

Roger.

Collapse
4: Re: Re: tsearch2 (response to 3)
Posted by Joe Cooper on
For what it's worth, the 5.1.5 repository Forums package does seem to work flawlessly in 5.2.0 (though certainly not all 5.1.5 packages do!), including search. I've spent a half an hour or so poking at it and I couldn't make it fall down or give me any trouble. If it were the only package I was using, I would have upgraded to 5.2.0 already.

I think search was easier to install in 5.2.0 than 5.1.5 (but I don't understand what's happening at any point in the process, so I'm just guessing based on what I saw when I was upgrading!), though I'm sure the PostgreSQL functions still have to be installed manually per the documentation. Probably.