Forum OpenACS Development: Re: A Wiki Page per Package?

Collapse
Posted by Joe Cooper on
This is a great idea indeed. Several projects I'm involved in have switched to trac for almost all development information management, and it sounds like you're proposing a very similar layout for the project wikis. trac includes a full-featured wiki, bug-tracker, version control repo browsing, and reasonable notification features. It's been a great help to have all of this information in one centralized location, and wikis are magic if the community is active. The Plone site that these tracs are replacing saw far less activity and far less user involvement, and I think, less developer enthusiasm because the lack of give-and-take of user-to-developer and developer-to-developer communication was a bit soul sucking. Seems to me that the OACS site has the same problem...all useful interaction is in the ghetto of the forums and bug-tracker, and so one has to dig to see any apparent movement or to get involved.

In short: Go!

BTW-Why isn't XOWiki in the package repository? I tried the "wiki" package thinking it was what I had seen running on a couple of OACS sites, only to be horribly disappointed by a barely limping CR-based page creator. What's in the package repo is pretty much useless, while XOWiki looks fantastic!