Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Accidently updated news-aggregator => Big Pain...

Collapse
Posted by Michael Steigman on
I didn't change the required flags for the new source proc (certainly didn't add aggregator_id). A lot of work had gone into the package since the last tagged release so it's quite possible that was done a while back and you're just now seeing it because of the new releases.

In any event, sources should not be tied to packages as they may be used across instances and that bit of RI makes life really tough when you try to drop sources that are no longer in use (to avoid chewing up CPU cycles and database rows on pointless updates) or drop packages. One could argue they shouldn't even be objects (no need for permissions, either) but after talking about this with Dave on IRC, I decided to leave them as objects for now in case we ever wanted to add categorization to the feeds.

Back to the point - unfortunately, I don't have a .LRN install to test on so I can't work directly on the portlet. After taking a peek at the aggregator portlet code, I think it might simply be a problem with the URL being used to access the subscriptions page. Are you using the repository or 5.2 branch? I'll try to check in a change that'll fix it and you can let me know if it works.