Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Is it possible to over-ride the html title tag value in an Xowiki formpage?

Dear Richard, this is a valid and useful request. I have added a small update to xowiki, that uses a form-field with the name "html_title" as HTML title when present. This is similar to the formfield "keywords", which is used for the meta-tag keywords, as it was implemented already before.
Gustaf,

I don't know what to say other thank you so much! 😊

I note that all I need to do to pass my meta keywords is to set a variable @keywords@. I had until now been passing meta keywords using the following idiom:

{{set-parameter keywords {@mykeywords@}}}

I am still using this idiom in my FormPage Template to pass meta description data:

{{set-parameter description {@_description@}}}

Is that the correct way to do it?

Once again, thank you so much for that additional feature.

Regards
Richard

The idiom with set-parameter works on every kind of xowiki page, the approach via form-field just for FormPages, but the latter is more straight-forward, tailorable and extensible. If i would start to write xowiki from scratch, i would just use FormPages for everything. So, if you have a FormPage that has "description" filled out, its value is used as description of the page also without the set-parameter in the template.
Ah, brilliant. Thank you for clarifying that.

Once again, thank you very much.

Regards
Richard