Forum OpenACS Q&A: Message keys still missing

Collapse
Posted by Sam Nicholson on
I'm still seeing message key missing messages in a new 5.2.2 install. What is the best way to either fix it, or to let the responsible party know? I've seen this hashed about, but I can't tell where to direct Qs and bugs on this issue.

Cheers!

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Turn translation mode "on", translate (aka. add) the missing language key. Export the message keys for this package and locale (go to /acs-lang/admin, choose the language, choose the package, hit export). Commit the /packages/mypackage/catalog/mypackage-en_US... file to the CVS.

If you do not have CVS commit rights, send the file to me for the time being.

Collapse
translate (aka. add) the missing language key.

Is that a button/form somewhere on acs-lang/admin/, a button/form elsewhere, or do I just edit message file directly?

Thanks!!!
Cheers!

Collapse
Ah, I found it. Just click on the language name in the list generated by acs-lang/admin/.

Cheers!

Collapse
OK, in my default install, /admin/configure shows a small table with the name and some basic params. For the main site, this is inserted into the db by packages/acs-kernel/sql/postgresql/acs-install.sql.

On the initial install, the label for site name is the string, acs-kernel.Main_Site, surrounded by hash marks*. Now, this label is in the translations in acs-kernel/catalog/acs-kernel.en_US.ISO-8859-1.xml. So, why doesn't it show up translated?

It's not a missing message key. My guess is that it's some sort of a race condition during install. For, all of the subsites are correctly named.

Ideas?

Cheers!

*using Forums to discuss message_keys is *very* difficult.