Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Assessment - urgent

Collapse
3: Re: Assessment - urgent (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
jopez, thx.

Maybe you can give a short feedback whether assessment has support for the following:

- Performance for assessments that have up to 1000 submitters
- Reuse of an assessment (cut & past)
- Reuse of a question (cut & past)
- over all assessment creators
- for one single creator
- Reuse of a section (cut & past)

- Connecting assessments to a course catalog. That if several universities would like to assess all their courses on one portal would it be possible define a university-->lecturer-->course catalog and allow a submitter to assess a course? If not any part of that possible?

- Some kind of reporting functionality for an assessment like
- number of current submitters
- frequency of occurrence for a given answer
- what else?

- Any feature that would allow to notify users to assess a given course like through a list of email adresses?

- Generation of something they call assessment codes. A code is generated for students who actually visited the course, thus only students with a valid code can assess the course.

- A receipt that the student assessed the course

Collapse
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
I'm sorry but I can't answer to all of that, I can only tell you that from the admin page of the assessmen package you have the option to copy the assessment (to another community), view the responses (all, by user and in a csv file), request notifications and finally, export the assessment to a zip file. You can also manage the permissions, but I haven't tried giving the permissions to non registered users.

Maybe Eduardo or Malte can give you more info...

Regards

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
- Performance: Should not be an issue, but not sure.
- Reuse: no cut an paste, just searching in catalog and using questions/sections/assessment from the catalog. The catalog currently is public (so everyone could reuse questions which you created).

- Not sure I understand, but if you want to have multiple lecturer answer and grade the same assessment then I *think* you could easily put the assessment into multiple communities. Otherwise it is "just" a question of permissions.

- List of current submitters is there. Option to write to those who did not answer.
- You get a CSV file with all the answers to an assesment which will show you the number a particular answer was given. Is this what you want ?!?
- You can notify all users who
-- have answered the assessment
-- have not answered the assessment
-- are participating in the assessment

- The assessment code is called "Password" in assessment. Only if you have the password you can access the assessment.

- Reciept for the student? This should be an after assessment action which you can define that generates a PDF for the student (or whatever you want. This is your custom code then).