Forum OpenACS Development: Re: A Wiki Page per Package?

Collapse
Posted by Vinod Kurup on
I've finished the first 2 includes. As far as I can tell, it's not on the live site yet, but Dave will get it there in time. (Thanks Dave!)

To include a bug-tracker summary of a package in a xowiki page, type this:

{{adp /www/templates/bug-tracker {package_key lars-blogger}}}
To include a info-file summary, type this:
{{adp /www/templates/info-file {package_key lars-blogger}}}
A few notes...
  • The component names in the OpenACS Bug Tracker don't quite match the APM package_key in a consistent manner, so I do a switch statement to translate them. I didn't do every package, since I wasn't sure which ones were going to make it to the wiki, but I can add them as needed.
  • I now have sympathy for anyone who's had to work with the bug-tracker. Getting the bug tracker to divulge info it wasn't initially built to divulge is difficult.
  • These includes don't do any caching. I can add that if performance is a problem.
  • Once I figure out what the url pattern for a package will be in xowiki, I can hyperlink the packages to each other in the info-file summary
  • Everything is formatted in HTML tables, cuz that was easiest for me.
I'm working on the final include, but I'll probably split it into 2 includes - one for the code metrics (which doesn't need CVS at all) and 1 for the CVS data. I'm wondering if installing Jeff's CVS Log analyzer on openacs.org would be useful, so we could extract the CVS data from it.