Forum OpenACS Q&A: How to use kelp design on oacs-5-2?

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
I all. We have upgraded from dotlrn 2.1.3 to 2.2 from branch oacs-5-2. How can I use the kelp design?
Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Nima,

We were trying upgrade process from dotlrn-2.1.3 to dotlrn-2.2.0 (oacs-5-2, postgresql) with no success untill now. After upgrade community portals does not work and user portal is showed instead. You can see a summary about this in this thread:

http://www.openacs.org/forums/message-view?message%5fid=345947

How did you manage this problem?

----

About kelp design you could try:

1. there is a shell script install-kelp.sh you can use to copy files to dotlrn and new-portal directory. Just run from your service root

sh packages/new-portal/www/themes/kelp-theme/install-kelp.sh

2. maybe in upgrade kelp-theme was not added to DB. I think you need add to DB manually. Take a look at packages/new-portal/sql/postgresql/defaults.sql to see how to add kelp as new theme.

3. Change DefaultMaster parameter value in acs-subsite to /packages/dotlrn/www/dotlrn-master-kelp

4. Change theme inside communities and user space or just set kelp as default in portal templates (you will need revert portal for already created communities)

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Orzenil,

I tried to insert the kelp theme to the database but got the following error:

ERROR:
Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

FEHLER: NEW in einer Anfrage verwendet, die nicht Teil einer Regel ist

SQL: select portal_element_theme__new (
''KELP'', -- name
''Knowledge E-Learning Portal Beschreibung'', -- description
''themes/kelp-theme'', -- filename
''themes/kelp-theme'' -- directory
);

The error means in english "NEW was used as part of a query that is not part of the rule"...any idea what that means?

Collapse
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Nima,

i do not know what could be wrong to generate this message. Maybe just problems regarding quotes or something like that, isn't it?

i used defaults.sql as template to insert kelp theme to database for dotlrn and portal_element_theme__new performed well.

This is what i did:

1. used defaults.sql as template and generate a file just for KELP insert say kelp-theme-insert.sql with this only content (downloadable file: sorry, copy and paste to this forum replace hash keys 😊 )

http://www.teknedigital.com.br/kelp-theme-insert.sql

2. perform plpgsql call

# psql -d yourdb -f kelp-theme-insert.sql

the output i had show sucess for sql execution:

CREATE FUNCTION
psql:kelp-upgrade.sql:20: NOTICE: adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "acs_object_id_seq"
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "acs_object__new" line 17 at select into variables
PL/pgSQL function "acs_object__new" line 10 at return
PL/pgSQL function "portal_element_theme__new" line 15 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "portal_element_theme__new" line 9 at assignment
PL/pgSQL function "inline_0" line 5 at perform
inline_0
----------
(1 row)

DROP FUNCTION

hope it helps!

Nima thank you for your report about dotlrn upgrade process in the thread we are discussing it. I will return on it and observe your notes regarding call to proc apm_parameter_register