Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Edit-this-page package

Collapse
2: Re: Edit-this-page package (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
What "application" are you using within edit-this-page? Each ETP application is a template, usually under /packages/edit-this-page/templates

I can see the partial path of the template in your error report. Track down which template it is using and you should be able to see where the error is.

Under the default application it should not require the weblogger package. If might be using another template that attempts to include some information from the weblogger package.

Collapse
Posted by Iuri Sampaio on
Thanks Dave,
This morning i woke inspired and figured out what was the problem.

I was using the edit-this-page pkg from my local server. Which by the way, i messed up the code adding webbloger as an include on the edit-this-page/index.

the reason i did that is that i don't know how to manage the main page layout, even the system at all, without mess around.

So i know how to coding, but i don't have the background of the platform, i don't have the whole vision of the system, so i can't see the best, optmized and easiest way to build what i need. Take a look:
http://www.myybiz.net

Two good points:
Now i got working, i dowlonded a clean version from CVS.
and now i know why we shouldn't add codes on the page without knowing the structure behind
I'm learing :)

you see... you got exactly what error was. I need to learn and understand the error messages like you do.