Posted by Abrantes Filho on
Hi, thank you for your message.

On the webserver (openSUSE 11.2, 32 bits):
- AOLserver 4.5.1
- TCL 8.5.12
- Oracle Client 11.2.0.3.0 (32 bits)

On the oracle server (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2, 64 bits):
- Oracle Server 11.2.0.3.0

I install AOLserver, TCL and nsoracle acconding the install instructions on openACS website, execpt that I don't used the sources on Git repository: I have downloaded the source from sf.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/aolserver/files/), and compiled on my server according the instructions on openACS site.

Everytinhg happens very successfuly, except when I try to run the tests files on nsoracle source. The clob test failed.

Please note that some TCL procs on these nsoracle source files was missing, so I search the documentation on openACS site and just edit the files to include the procs. For example: the test files use the ReturnHeaders proc. I search on openACS site (and sources files) and included this on the test files:

proc util_WriteWithExtraOutputHeaders {headers_so_far {first_part_of_page ""}} {
set set_headers_i 0
set set_headers_limit [ns_set size [ns_conn outputheaders]]
while {$set_headers_i < $set_headers_limit} {
append headers_so_far "[ns_set key [ns_conn outputheaders] $set_headers_i]: [ns_set value [ns_conn outputheaders] $set_headers_i]\n"
incr set_headers_i
}
append entire_string_to_write $headers_so_far "\n" $first_part_of_page
ns_write $entire_string_to_write
}

proc ReturnHeaders {{content_type text/html}} {
set all_the_headers "HTTP/1.0 200 OK
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: $content_type\n"
util_WriteWithExtraOutputHeaders $all_the_headers
}

When I include the missing procs, all test files could be run and all, but the clob-test.tcl, run whiout error.

Collapse
9: Re: nsoracle error? (response to 8)
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
i have no oracle, but it seems as if the nsoracle driver has a problem returning the values saved from an empty_clob to a file. If you connect to the database, and check the content of the table "markd_lob_test", does it look correct?

The test you are running is from nsoracle and not from OpenACS. It might be possible, that writing empty_lobs to files and vice versa is not needed from OpenACS. Do you intend to use OpenACS? Note that OpenACS has quite a large regression test.