Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Drupal and .lrn

Collapse
2: Re: Drupal and .lrn (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
Thanks for the question, Gennaro. I think it would be great to expand the possibilities of integrating a drupal and .LRN site eventhough or just because the platforms are completely different! Both platforms are not very difficult (after setup). You probably need pound to divide http requests between the webservers (apache and aolserver), but it works.

There are some hardcore developers pushing .LRN to the max concerning elearning features. It is a robust and very scalable elearning system. However, there are not enough developers for fast progression. The basis for CMS within openACS (.LRN's fundament) is available, but I am not aware of any current development. Nifty user-driven tweaks are not easily integrated if not important to .LRN

IMO, an integration showcase between .LRN and Drupal, would be tremendous, so people like you could benefit from .LRN (features and developers) and .LRN could benefit from Drupal. Real integration may not be easy, but I supposes Malte may have explored the user and platform issues. I think this initiative would benefit from backup by the .LRN board unless ofcourse you are one of the "brilliant" ones.