Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Error uploading photo in Photo album

Collapse
Posted by anjali n on
I tried saving the image in /tmp/photo-album
It's giving the following error

How to resolve this?

starting to load images from directory /tmp/photo-album
HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error Server: AOLserver/4.0 MIME-Version: 1.0 Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:58:02 GMT Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Content-Length: 11538 Connection: close

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Do you have Image magic installed on your server?https://openacs.org/doc/photo-album/acs-admin-guide.html
Collapse
Posted by anjali n on
I'm not able to attach any images or add gif logo on my front page .Is it because i haven't installed Image Magic?If so,in which location should i install it?I'm getting server errors while clicking browse button and attaching zip and other word formatted files.Could you please help me out?
Collapse
Posted by anjali n on
Hi,

I've installed ImageMagic-6.2.6 in /usr/local/bin directory and also set the parameters. I cannot find any lib files in ImageMagic folder and i am also not able to execute /usr/local/bin/convert logo: logo.gif

please help

Collapse
Posted by anjali n on
I installed Image Magic in /home/nsadmin and then removed the ImageMagic-6.2.6 folder .I tried installing it again in usr/local but it gives 2 errors

make[1]: *** [install-exec-perl] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ImageMagick-6.2.6'
make: *** [install-am] Error 2

Then i tried manually removing all the ImageMagic files in lib directory but i don't know the other programs in bin directory i need to remove.How do i uninstall it completely and start again.Also i'm not able to use locate command to locate all the files related to ImageMagic.
Please help

Collapse
7: Error (response to 3)
Posted by anjali n on
I am totally stuck with this.Kindly help.
Collapse
8: Re: Error (response to 7)
Posted by Harish Krishnan on
Anjali ... After you install image magic you need to set the parameter -ImageMagickPath - for the photo-album package about the location of the directory where all the image magic commands ( identify , convert .. etc) are available. Generally it should be present in the /usr/local/bin directory ..
Collapse
9: Re: Re: Error (response to 8)
Posted by anjali n on
Thanks.I am aware of that but i am stuck with the installation itself.Unknowingly I've removed the directory where Image Magic was installed.Now i can't find out which files in lib ,bin and include belong to ImageMagic so that i can remove them manually and start from the scratch.
Do reply
Collapse
10: Re: Re: Re: Error (response to 9)
Posted by Harish Krishnan on
Try installing again from source. You donnot need to remove manually the files in *nix. Generally the re installation overwrites binaries. Did you get this message when you tried installing as root?
Collapse
11: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error (response to 10)
Posted by anjali n on
yes, i got this error when i tried installing as root.I'll try with the current installation and let you know.
Collapse
12: Re: Re: Re: Re: Error (response to 10)
Posted by anjali n on
Hey everything is working fine.Thanks a lot