Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Xinha Doesn't Load in IE9

Collapse
Posted by Gustaf Neumann on
Dear all, just now i have added 2 fixes to acs-templating:

- fixed an annoying problem on Mac OS X about "cvs update: move away foo.bar; it is in the way’", even on fresh check outs. The problem was that the repository contained several files with the same uppercase and lowercase names (most likely from previous versions of Xinha). CVS Removing these files from Linux helped.

- updated xinha to the current version of Xinha from the nightly checkouts.

This won't fix the problem with the file selector on IE9, for this i would need an appropriate testing environment. For the time being, please use the compatibility mode http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-use-Compatibility-View-in-Internet-Explorer-9

Concerning IOS support: given the low degree of development action, i would be surprised, if IOS support would be added to Xinha

Best regards
-gustaf neumann

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Gustaf,

On the IOS issue, I can confirm that CKEditor version 3.6.2 works just fine in IOS. This provides a suitable alternative to Xinha for anyone using Xowiki.

As far as a test environment for Xinha is concerned, I will happily provide you will access to the OpenACS 5.7.0 that I have been using to play with Xinha and CKEditor. I have in fact already put the bug-fix in place and tested it, so you could perhaps look at it and decide if this is satisfactory.

Regards
Richard