Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Rewrite of the .sql files of acs-core and some commonly used packages

Still some work to be done, you're keeping track of that... great... I've been wondering about pg-9.1 and 9.2 as the 8.x series are getting toward end of life. Thanks for thinking about this and keeping track of what is needed next, etc.

There is a piece of the API browser that displays plpgsql funcs; right now it looks at the metadata from pg and always shows the func's formal parameters as aliased ($1, %2, etc) and I was wondering if there is someone who wants to look at it and/or someone who knows that section of the code... preferably both who want to join as a team to see about displaying the definition header more accurately, which will either require storing its complete text or looking at the metadata for each parameter and displaying it as usefully as possible.

Finally, assume for this question you want to install an openacs that needs pg-9.2. If you build the pg and get it going, what is necessary to configure the backend (in postgresql.conf)? Does it need changing or can it be left the same as the default config file?

Thank you so much to everyone who worked on this! I feel a bit of life has been restored.

Jim,

i am not sure, where in the api-browser you are exactly looking at, but you should be aware, that (a) not all packages are updated to the dollar-quoted syntax, and that (b) not all of the installed functions are changed in case of upgrading from older installations.

What's still missing are more upgrade scripts to make sure, that all define_function_args on all core packages are on the same level for upgrades and new installations.

Concerning the postgres config files for pg9.2: one can use the stock postgres config files, no modifications are required. This make life easier, when binary distributions are used. One might want to tune it, but this is optional.

best regards
-gustaf neumann