Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenOffice OpenACS Mailing document

This is for the marketing guys out there.

To allow others to use the mass mailing functionality of contacts with OpenOffice mailings I would need a template for such a mailing, so I could put it into CVS.

For obvious reasons I would not put the clients template in there and I'm not into shameless self promotion, so I would not put the cognovís one in there either.

Therefore I would like to ask someone to prepare an OpenOffice document with a mailing address and some text with an OpenACS header and footer, send it to me and I will make the necessary changes in the content.xml to get this working with contacts mass mailings.

If you wonder what needs to be installed to get this functionality, go to /packages/contacts/tcl/oo-procs.tcl and read the top part. It is fairly easy and fast to install under Debian.

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
What do I mean by mass mailing with contacts and OpenOffice:

In contacts you select your recipients from the database of contacts and do a mailmerge.

Then you decide which template you want to use for an OO-Mailing (and this is where the OpenOffice document comes in). The template is a general mailing layout in which you can add custom text (which has to be in the same look as the template).

After that you can decide to get one large PDF document for printing or send individual PDFs as an attachment to each of the recipients with the possibility to customize the e-mail message.