Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: notes on upgrading dotLRN to 2.2.0a1

Collapse
Posted by Deds Castillo on
This bit me hard making me lose some twelve values to custom xowiki parameters. Cause for the parameters that are set to null are below. This a somewhat critical bug due to what it can do.

The upgrade overwrites the sql proc apm__register_parameter from acs-kernel/sql/postgresql/upgrade/upgrade-5.2.0d1-5.2.0d2.sql which has an erratic definition than what's present in apm-create.sql. Should we be using the one on the upgrade or the one on apm-create?

In any case, you can correct the upgrade version by adding an extra where clause "and v.package_id = ap.package_id".

Note that even if Orzenil has dotlrn fixed using a workaround, you still need to fix your erratic apm__register_parameter proc or any attempt to upgrade ANY package which has a null in attr_value from apm_parameter_values will overwrite all similar parameter attribute values using default value from apm_parameters.

I'm not sure if we should be following the one on the upgrade (with the correction) or the one on apm-create. So someone please write a proper upgrade script.