Forum .LRN Q&A: getting started.

Collapse
Posted by Jesse Z on
Hi all,

I'm working on a school project at Cal State Los Angeles. We are setting up an instance dotLRN as an alternatvie to the CMS already in use.

The documentation seems to be non-existent in this area. We have installed dotLRN, now we need to configure it. I do not believe this is what is called 'package development' or 'platform development.' Is it?

Anyway, if you could please point me toward some resources, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jesse

Collapse
2: Re: getting started. (response to 1)
Posted by Jesse Z on
okay, found these in the file storage

kinda buried in the site though, not easy to find. Any other hidden stuff?

Collapse
3: Re: getting started. (response to 1)
Posted by Rafael Calvo on
Jesse
dotLRN is not strong as a Content Management System. It is normally used as a Learning or collaboration management System. It would not replace your Vigntette (if that is what you use), it would be for replacing your webct/Blackboard system.

documentation is in http://127.0.0.1/doc (your install) and in https://openacs.org/doc. We have Edit this page as a simple CMS solution, with version control, visual editor, etc, but not much of a publishing workflow

cheers

Rafael

Collapse
4: Re: Re: getting started. (response to 3)
Posted by Jesse Z on
Edit-this-page is mentioned as a feature on the dotLRN site. I thought this would be useful for a professor's page, or a class home page or syllabus. Is this feature NOT part of dotLRN?

Thanks,

Jesse

Collapse
5: Re: getting started. (response to 1)
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
we are using it productivly. there is a portlet that displays the available structure. the pages can be set to public so that they are visible for not registered users.
Collapse
6: Re: Re: getting started. (response to 5)
Posted by Jesse Z on
Nima,
How did you get this working? How did you implement this portlet?

Thanks,

Jesse

Collapse
Posted by Jesse Z on
duh... cvs.

found it. sorry about that.

Jesse