Forum OpenACS Development: Icons

Collapse
1: Icons
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Quick question. Can someone recommend an Icon Set which we can use and distribute with OpenACS? Furhtermore, if a recommendation is made, can we upload this to CVS or does this require a TIP?

I need an Icon for Phone and E-mail and I did not find one in subsite/resources.

Collapse
2: Re: Icons (response to 1)
Posted by Matthew Coupe on
Hi Malte,
Do you know if it is possible to have the icons show next to the title of the portlets in dotLRN? I have seen this with other LMS and it helps users get oriented quickly with the platform and makes it more user-friendly too. Perhaps this has been implemented in Theme-Selva?

Matthew

Collapse
5: Re: Re: Icons (response to 2)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
It would be great if we could use the icons used on the .LRN website with the portals in theme-selva. the KELP theme already has an implementation of images in the portal title and we at cognovis make use of this as well from time to time.

My main issue with Nuvola is that the icons are fairly large. Otherwise they look nice. So I would probably use them in the title of portlets, but not sure if I want my phone / email link use one of these large icons (even in scaled down versions).

Collapse
3: Re: Res: Icons (response to 1)
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on

Vivian Aguilar told me that the icons they used in dotLRN are the Nuvola ones. I'm using them in the package I'm writing now and we have been using them in some E-LANE posters.

Nuvola is also a package available in debian and is open source. What do you think?

Collapse
4: Re: Res: Icons (response to 3)
Posted by Jose Pablo Escobedo Del Cid on
Sorry, I forgot to say that the icons are used in the dotLRN website:

http://www.dotlrn.org/product/